Monday, 28 April 2014

MakeUp Revolution Redemption Palette Iconic 3 - Swatches - Dupe for Naked 3 ?


£4 v €44
Naked 3 has been around for a while now.  I'm a fan of Urban Decay and I  love the look of the palette but I didn't want to splash  €44 on another palette unless it would be one I'd use weekly. About two weeks ago I  did a quick search on twitter for a Naked 3 dupe; my screen was flooded with pictures of the Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette Iconic 3 (bit of a mouthful!). 
I had briefly  read about Makeup Revolution  but I didn't know much about the brand to be honest.  The reviews for this palette were hard to ignore so I ordered it from Superdrug via Parcel Motel. There probably is an easier way to get it in Ireland but it worked out well for me. 


                The packaging isn't as sophisticated as the Naked palettes, it's very similar to  a MUA palette. It may not be the most stylish looking product but it's sturdy and does it's job. 
I found some of the shadows hard to photograph as they were such light shades. A few of the shadows were chalky but there wasn't a lot of fallout which surprised me. I was least impressed with the last shade as in the pan it looks like a blackened burgundy shade with red glittery undertones but when I swatch it the red undertone is lost and it just looks  black with a few red bits of glitter here and there. 






I really wish the shadows had names especially as there are 12 shades. I didn't use too much of each shadow for my swatches as I just wanted to show you what it looks so you get a true picture of each shade. These shadows can definitely be built up and I think they have great pigmentation considering the cost of the palette. 

Swatches Left to Right: 




I read so many great comparison reviews but this one was my favourite as it has brilliant photos of Naked 3 alongside Iconic 3
I'm extremely happy with this palette and I'm  looking forward to creating some lovely soft Spring and Summer looks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!