Thursday 24 September 2015

Book Review: Me and my mate Jeffrey

In a weird way it's always a comfort to read about someone elses battle with anxiety. I use the word battle because that's exactly what it is, anxiety is a battle between the rational and irrational thoughts in your brain, it can result in both mental and physical scars. It can make you feel like the loneliest person in the world and make you lose interest in everything you love.

Niall Breslins book is a detailed account of his journey and often it is a hard read. But the most difficult parts to read are often the most valuable parts of this book as I know so many people who can relate to it and being able to relate to a situation is so important when you often feel like no one can possibly understand what you are going through.
I'm not going to go into any detail of what is in the book as it really needs to be read cover to cover as it's his story to tell, not mine.

I've learnt so much from his story and I highly recommend it to anyone who has anxiety or knows someone who is in battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!